~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, August 11, 2008

Long Live Camp!

This week coming is my last week of camp. I am now, almost a professional camp counsellor and with only 16 more days of my stay in the USA, saying goodbye to everything i have come to love here is becoming....or has become....extremely difficult.

It's so easy to stir a tear in my eyes. The other day while we were driving out to the Yuba river, there was some hillsong music on and i realised just how hard driving away from camp will be! Just the sheer thought even made me want to cry like a baby!

The friends i have made here are so special to me and when i leave, it's not like they're people i'm going to see anytime soon. They don't just live a couple of blocks or a suburb away - they live in a whole other country!

I was outside after our staff devotions the other night and was watching two friends of mine playing guitar and singing and it was so beautiful to watch and it occured to me that it would be a really long before i could here her singing and watch and be in awe of her amazing voice again. So i stood there for a while just watching, knowing i needed to take it all in to remember it better, to remember THEM better and so that kind of image would stick longer in my thoughts.

That night was emotional for me but what stood out for me was the support these people are to each other and to me. Their love is real, their friendship is real - it's pure, there's nothing fake or put on about it and their care and concern for people is genuine.

Something else that i'm not looking forward to is going home and not having anyone around me who has shared my experience here at Camp Del Oro. How do i relate to anyone? How does anyone understand? Sure, i can show them photos and tell them stories but how can anyone understand? It hurts really deep to leave these precious people.

Already people have begun to disappear and head home and camp this week is already looking different and not the same.

I know we'll have email and facebook and phones and etc etc but to be able to hang out with them, to laugh about camp things, to just let out frustations and joys and to talk with them all the time and be that close - for that to just end is tough!

I know that when i come home, i don't want this all to end and i know that the things i'm doing here need to keep happening - this type of work, sowing God's seed on fertile land instead of on concrete and weedy ground is what God has showed me and wants me to be doing. i don't want to waste my time at home living my life aimlessly when i've seen how much there is to be done here at camp! I'm pretty sure that God has so much to be done in Australia as he has here and that's where i want to be.

So if anyone is still praying for me, maybe pray that my week is not overcome by emotion but rather it's lived to the full and that i take everything in. That i'm not so distracted by going home that it interferes with what needs to be done in this last week of camp for God.

To anyone at camp who's reading this, i love you so much and this whole experience of camp is one that i'll treasure in my heart forever - you've all impacted my life a hecka lot and i won't forget a single one of you! This has been the most amazing 3 months ever!

Alisha xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home