~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, June 23, 2008

First Week Bits and Pieces

So today, sunday, is the last day of my break :o(

I'm kinda bored so i'll just write a few things that i missed in my last note.

Have i mentioned that i am covered from top to toe with mosquito bites??? I just can't stop itching! I should probly take a photo of it.

Also, I'm sorry that all my photos are a little lame haha...

Last week at teen camp we hauled all our kids off to the dining room so they could watch a movie. There were a few staff there to look after them and so we had the opportunity to attend a counsellor devotional time. It was much needed.

I was amazed at how relieved it made me feel, like a burden lifted from my shoulders. To be around people that were experiencing the same kind of exhaustion. To be back with familiar MATURE people that we at teen camp don't often get to see because we're so isolated and most importantly to be able to worship God with like-minded people. It was a great time of fellowship and a time of encouragement to each other. The safety and comfort that i feel with this group of people is so amazing. I shared twice because there was no fear of rejection or humiliation, everyone in the group just wanted to share and share and share and Major Colleen Riley agreed that it was good but that it needn't stop after our time together. So we're really into encouragement which is very helpful etc.

As I've already said, Teen Camp this past week was stressful and probably an unsafe environment for the teens. As a result we won't be holding Teen Camp this next week but instead we will be combining our teens with the discovery kids for a combined camp while things get sorted out and fixed up and reassessed etc. It's a time where all i can think is, 'what the heck am i doing here?'

So please pray for this next week that we will unite as a team and that we'll learn from our mistakes and that we'll also pick up and learn new skills from the discovery counsellors.

Enjoy your week!
Alisha xoxo

PS: Last night a bear ripped open one of our kitchen tents in an effort to eat some apples and onions that were left in there. It even turned over one of the tables in the tent - it must've been hungry. As a result, I was a little tense about sleeping out there! However, here i am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home