~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ice, Ice, Baby


As you are fully aware, this blog is about my latest diagnosed (by me) obsession. As you will have read in my previous blog, I have a new found obsession with ice, yes i even photographed my ice deck.

I have always had it, kind of like a silent disease that you carry within your own genes.....or something....but it is only of late that i have come to admit and understand my addiction. Actually, i dont understand it at all really, but i have come to terms with it and recognised it as being an obsession/addiction. Thank you Kylie but I dont want any steps to help me get through this, it's an obsession/addiction i quite enjoy, but then whose isn't???

I suppose because of the heat this obsession has been made more noticeable but even in the winter i've noticed the need to keep a full deck of ice stored safely in the freezer, if not two.

As a young child i remember that if we drove through take away i would specifically order my drink 'with lots of ice please'. Whether my parents remember this or not is not the topic here but i know my mum used to order it without ice and me with plenty!

You can imagine my delight and utter joy and happiness when i received a frosty mug for Christmas from one of my colleagues!!! 'What's a frosty mug?' i hear you ponder....wellllll, let me explain, it'd be my pleasure, in fact, i didn't even know either until recently!

A frosty mug is in fact two mugs made out of plastic. Mine is Purple and Orange. The outer mug being Orange and the inner mug, which contains a freezing liquid, also made of plastic, being purple. I suppose the outer mug is an insulation mechanism, don't quote me on that! You put the whole mug in the freezer until the freezing liquid is completely frozen, it loses its effectiveness unless it is completely frozen, then once it is frozen you take it out and fill it with a cold drink of your choice, i don't recommend water, let's not be boring! A favourite of mine is green 'coolah' cottee's cordial.

I know, you're thinking, 'well that's not unusual, it's just an ice cold drink'. WRONG!!! (ha! i sound like Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka)....when the drink is left to sit for 3 - 5 minutes it begins to crystalise along the edge of the inner mug. An occasional stir, fixes that, removing the ice to allow for new ice to form.

Basically what i'm trying to get at is that what you're left with after about 10 or 15 minutes is a complete slush puppy, slurpy, frosty drink, slushy, whatever it is that you call it on your planet! I know you don't believe me but i have seen it with my very own two eyes!!! It is absolutely miraculous, marvellous, astounding!!!! I am in love with my new frosty mug.

Now i know it's is not in any way helping me rid my obsession with ice but all the same, i love it. I once emptied the whole ice deck into one glass of water at work after a sweaty power walk through the park. My boss, looked at the ice, looked at me, looked at my glass again, looked back at me and just said, 'wow' with a little chortle at the end....i then had to explain myself and assured her that i would refill the ice deck so others could enjoy more ice.

One house i have visited has one of those crushed ice machines on the outside of their fridge as well as cubed ice which you can access without even opening the freezer, for goodness sake?! It was my dream fridge/freezer?!

I'd have to say that it's my unnatural desire to crunch ice and the feeling crushed ice has on the inside of my mouth, it's the only way i can explain it. There is nothing else about it.

So remember, the moral of this story is, please have a LOT of ice stored away and ready to use if i am ever to visit you. I dont want to be getting to your house and have to be told you have no ice!!!!!

That is all.

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home