~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, January 06, 2006

Let's Play a Game of Knuckles

The other day i was sitting on the train discovering new things (as i always do on the train) and i looked down at my hands and i noticed the most bizarre thing that really, i had never discovered before.

Try something with me (the last time i did this i got ripped because the game only lasted about 1 minute) put your hand straight out in front of you with your palm facing down.

Now just look at those wrinkley knuckles?!?!?! My guess is that skinnier people probably don't have much skin to wrinkle. But when i got thinking about my knuckles and the wrinkles on them it made me ponder very deeply about them! The reason (and i know you know this) for our wrinkley knuckles is to allow our fingers to bend. Sorry but at that point, my hands just started to seem a little bit freakish. when you stare at something for so long, it starts to look hideous. I just couldn't get over my knuckles. But as weird as it looks, doesn't it serve a good purpose?! Can you imagine us walking around with straight, pointed fingers......imagine trying to answer the telephone?! What would phones look like then?!

That got me thinking about a phrase i'd heard recently......if our kneecaps were on backwards, imagine what chairs would look like?!

Personally though, aside from our knuckles, ears seem the most funniest of all. I mean think about it, we have these two protuding pieces of oddly shaped flesh attached to the sides of our heads. We laugh at what an alien supposedly looks like but do we ever look at our own bodies??? Ears are the most hideous looking things i ever saw....and yet when you forget about certain parts of our bodies we all just look 'normal'.

I'd like you to keep in mind at this point that i am in no way having a shot at God, our creator of all things. I am merely saying that when we closely look at ourselves, we are an odd looking bunch of humans!!! Indeed, we are made with the most awesome complexity ever and we are so intricately woven that it baffles even the smartest of people of mankind! How can we be so magnificently designed and still say that God is a fake or that he doesn't exist.....pffft....we can't!

So, what body part do you find odd? (Vulgarity will not be approved!)

Tink xoxo

2 Comments:

  • The elbow in movemnet has always freaked me out!

    Coz really! Look at it! One way it's the top of your arm...another way it's the bottom!

    TOTAL SPIN OUT!!!!

    And word up leesh on the 'staring at something til it looks weird' game!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 07, 2006  

  • Knees and feet, my friend.

    They both freak the heck out of me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home