~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, April 04, 2011

Gay Rights

I don't like being ignorant so I'm gonna say straight up that if this blog offends anyone then i apologise right here and now. The purpose is not to offend but rather explore something that i am unsure of where i stand. Well, vaguely unsure.

A question came up, one of those new question things and it asked if a person did or did not support gay rights. I don't hold anything against people that are homosexual. It doesn't phase me. What someone chooses to believe and engage in is their complete private business - totally their choice and that's ok with me because i appreciate people who respect what i believe and engage in. And having said that, i have quite a few homosexual friends and to me, there is nothing different or unusual about them.

However, I don't agree with homosexuality in itself because of what the Bible/Christianity teaches.

But when i came across this question, i was torn. I didn't know what to believe or where i stood with it.

I believe in justice and the equality of all people, and i once had a conversation with someone about gay rights. They explained to me that it isn't fair that they're not entitled to all the same rights that i, as a straight person, am entitled to and i thought that to be fair enough.

So my question is, can i disagree with homosexuality but still believe in gay rights???

Like i said at the beginning of this email, i genuinely love all people regardless of sex, age, race or in this case sexuality and i don't intend this to discriminate. This is merely me trying to learn a little bit more of who i am and what i believe. I'm not asking anyone to tell me what to believe or how to respond but I'm asking for advice so that i can make up my own mind. i encourage anyone on my friends list to reply to this but please keep your comments informative and don't hate on me because that is not the intention of this blog, i'm not here on this earth to judge anyone.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home