~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Excerpt From My Journal Last Year

This is what i wrote on the 24th October last year.....

"Yesterday was such a great day.  I got a lot of work done but also had a chance to hang out with the boys.  I went to the field with some Afghani boys.  We played soccer, volleyball, did soccer drills, and I met ****.
I also chatted for over an hour with **** about his life.  It was very eye-opening!
Today I learnt words in lots of languages.  Persian, Arabic and Sri Lankan, the men are helping me to learn.
I got to hang out with **** and ****.  They are close to my heart (still are!).  **** is also close to me.  I met ****, ****, ****, ****, **** and ****.
Tonight I celebrated my birthday with everyone as they all leave tomorrow.  It's so sad.  I don't want them to go.  Ramin and Mun came out for my birthday also.
I have learnt so much culturally here.  It's been an experience I will never forget."

It's very hard to be employed in a job that you aren't made for ie. the job I'm currently employed in.  ie. data entry,  and I know with every fibre of my being that the time I spent overseas in support work, was a time of huge self-discovery on so many different levels.  No course or program could ever have helped me to find who I actually am more than when I was over there.
And now, I will spend the rest of my days in pursuit of that career, working with globally displaced people.  I have no desire to do anything different.  There's no doubt or space in my life left to work at ordinary things because I have been created for extraordinary things!!!  And the longer I work at something mundane that I wasn't created to do, the slower and more painful my life becomes.  It's like suffocating at the hands of those who don't believe in me and I become painfully aware of this life that I am wasting, minute by minute, hour by hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home