~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

God Gazing

I was spending a bit of time with God on the train today and read something really interesting. Perhaps it won't be as interesting for you as it was for me.

In my devotional book it said this:

"Jesus was always confident, always assured, always in the right place, doing the right thing at the right time."

It also said that he always lived in "the power of the Spirit" and always had an amazing spiritual freshness about him.

My guess is that his focus was continually on God without faltering. With a focus and devotion as strong and committed as that, why wouldn't he be all of those things and more.

This got me thinking harder.....if we're continually focusing and meditating on God without faltering, or at least trying to do that as much as we can, we too will have that same spiritual freshness. Our devotion to God won't go stale if we are always living for God, in his presence and striving to do the things he wants us to do.

I was reassured by that because so often my Christianity can seem to become stale, possibly because i've taken my gaze and my focus off Christ and onto myself. Jesus never did that! His focus was always on God! We will never become Christ-like or remain spiritually alive while the focus is on ourselves, it must always remain on the most alert and spiritually alive person in history and that is Jesus Christ, God.

Blew me away and it gave my day the hugest kick-start!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home