~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, September 12, 2005

Less of me, more of you

A lady in my office recently revealed she paid $1.37 for her petrol. I wasn't surprised because I had heard people at the snow buying petrol for $1.40 and suggesting to me that it would soon reach $1.70 here in Sydney.

I am outraged because I am already too poor as it is.....i cannot afford to keep hiking up my petrol budget because of the world's low oil supply....or something like that....

There is only so much oil in the world. I remember sitting in a class in high school once listening to a teacher proclaim that one day it's all going to run out, it is not like water! God is not going to shower us with oil (although i'll keep praying for it)! Wouldn't that be something?!

I keep saying to people, before you know it, we'll be sitting in carriages towed by horses again!

I received an email today telling me that apparently on September the 22nd everyone is to boycott petrol which means not buying petrol on that date. It works for me but the lady in the office reminded me that sure, it works for us middle class citizens and even the lower class citizens who can't afford this ridiculousness but what about the upper class people in society??? It's not going to be as important to them because they can afford it and so what, who cares if anyone else can't?!

Well as the email stated at the end, Australia is saying "enough is enough" but i'm not only talking about petrol here! I'm saying enough is enough about being selfish! Rich, poor or in the middle, we all need to be working as a team to help each other, we ALL need to boycott petrol for this whole idea to work. It's not good enough for the lower and middle class people to say no to high petrol prices, it's time for the higher class people to be saying no as well. It's the rich people that need to be helping the poor people not just middle and lower class people helping each other.

Why is life all about ourselves? Why is it all about what we benefit from??? I'm as guitly as the next person of being selfish even more so and we're all self-absorbed just as much as the next person but it's time to break that cycle and start a flippin' revolution of thinking about each other instead of always thinking of ourselves.

Less of me, more of you...that kind of thing.

Tink xoxo

PS: Don't buy petrol on the 22nd September 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home