~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Work Adventures

BIG FAT UPDATE!!!!!
Tonight at karaoke, i won the $50, so it topped off my euphoric day with the most best, most exhilerating, most brilliant and highest sensation. Although i can't help but wonder just how exactly rigged Brad made it?! hmmm...

____________________________________________________


Today was awesome, I had a good day today, it was so good i want to tell you about it. On a good friends advice, I also want to tell you about my experience at work the other day, so bear with me!

Well today work paid for me to complete a refresher course to update my first aid certificate which is quickly going out of date. It was really good!!!! In the last 3 months, first aid in australia has been changed dramatically and it's so much better now.

I've finally registered my car "with a little help from my friends" and there was only one bill in my mailbox today and it was my phone bill which was the cheapest it's been for three months.

There is definately a God after all and he certainly loves me today!!!!! (nah, actually he loves and provides for me at all times!!!! ha!)

So that's my most awesome day - and i haven't had one of those for awhile, you know the ones where at the end of the day you have a smile on your face and there couldn't possibly be anything better about the world! Yea it's a euphoric feeling!!! hehe......

Anyway, on Monday some of us took my boss out for lunch (her and her husband are leaving Australia to live back in their home country of England) to a place called stanmore. At Stanmore The Salvation Army owns this REALLY old mansion that's used for salvo courses and conferences. It's absolutely old heritage and it's gorgeous!!!!!! Massive staircase and really beautiful old oak furniture. As a bridesmaid, I stayed there with Tara Sippel (nee Cook) on the night before her wedding. It's madly historic!!! Mind you, it'd be a pretty scary place to stay on your own, so it was good having other girls there with me. At times i felt as though i would walk past a mirror and see a ghost image or something, ha! such antiqueness about it - soooooo nice!!!!

We set out for Stanmore and i was transported there by the lovely commissioner (funny salvo lingo for head boss of the salvos) les strong and his wife coral. Gosh, they are the most dear people, i'm so glad we have them as commissioners of this territory (more funny salvo lingo which means the ACT, NSW and QLD)!!! They're such great christian examples and they're probly more in love with each other than when they got married and they're just such friendly, down to earth people. I hope when i've been married for as long as they have, my marriage is as fresh and romantic as that - THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!

But...

Their car, oh my giddy aunt?! It has a leather interior?!?!?! I felt like i was riding with the prime minister for goodness sake!!!! People get so flustered about the commissioner but on the way home i realised that he's just another guy and they're just ordinary people, i had great chats with them!!! They are generally, interested, caring people who have people's best interests at heart!

So we ate lunch at Stanmore, it was all intimately set out with wine glasses, napkins, bread and butter plates, maison, etc. When we were dining, i felt like some weird, wealthy princess girl from the 1900's. I was being all proper and everything, only speaking when i was spoken to, coughing away from the table, placing my napkin on my lap, elbows off the tables - VERY POLITE.......it was a little bit hard to imagine my "other" life away from that place, so ordinary and very povo and untidy and NOT wealthy-like!!

I went for lunch at 12 and didn't get back til like 2 - A TWO HOUR LUNCH WITH THE COM!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!

Anyway, i just wanted to tell you of my day's adventure today and on Monday because indeed, I've had an interesting week!!!!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home