~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, September 11, 2006

DFL

This blog is going to be difficult to put into words but i'm going to attempt to do it nonetheless so bear with me!

This weekend just gone i attended a weekend run by the Army of Salvation called Design For Life aka DFL. It was sooooooooo good.

Initially, on the Friday it started i started getting anxious about being there, but now, in hindsight, I'm glad i was chosen to go and I'm glad that God spoke to my heart in the way that he did.

We did a series of personality tests including spiritual giftings, our values and our passions and discovered who we are as individuals.

For some of us it was a little bit difficult to have to revisit past experiences but from other courses I've done, I know the importance and significance of doing that. It showed us some of the things that have shaped us into being the people that we are today. Even some of my bad experiences and lowest points in my life have been a positive as I'm a better person for it.

It was a weekend where God confirmed my desire to live and serve overseas but at the same time, confirming the work which i am doing in the process of being patient and waiting on God. David (a character in the bible) waited something like 15 or so years before he was annointed as King. That could be wrong but there are times in our lives when we have to be patient with the time frame in which our dreams and the plans God have for us come to fruition. I realised how important it is for me not lose sight of what it is God's placed in my heart because i don't know how long that's gonna be. I remember being reminded of this at Planetshakers (Christian Conference) in January as well.

I was also reminded that stuff is not going to happen by just sitting back. The things which i procrastinate about could very well be the sorts of steps i could be taking to fulfill God's desires for my life. Like moving back home. It's something i haven't been motivated to do but something which could be a small step to what it is God's got planned for me. So I've started packing with gusto haha.....knowing that God requires me not to just sit back and put it off but to engage in the things i don't want to do. Procrastination doesn't get us anywhere and yet I'm SO good at it!

Anyway, I really don't want to go into detail (although it's probably better for accountability) but i do want to say that the life trees we did of our past were a big highlight for me to see where i've come from. Also the facilitators were a huge thing. You know they prayed for us individually??? You know, people from around the Salvo's in my area were also praying for us BY NAME???? That blew me away - sure, fair enough, people were praying for us but by name??? For once in my entire life I just felt so important and valued and it meant so much to me that people believed in who i was and in my potential so much that they were uplifting ME in prayer. Not collectively but as an individual! How incredible! My facilitator prayed for me and shared with me passages in scripture that brought me to tears because they were relevant for my life - he spoke them INTO my life and because he'd prayed for me, it was exactly what i needed to hear - directly from God! Too cool!

God spoke into my heart about alot of things over that weekend and the timing of it couldn't have been any more perfect. So a huge thank you goes out to all the people who organised it, all the people who led the weekend, all the people who prayed for us - everyone involved in making me as comfortable as possible to enable me to be open to God's calling and the Holy Spirit moving SO powerfully in my life!

Wow, what a weekend! If you get the opportunity, don't miss out, you will NOT regret it!
See ya
Tink xoxo

PS: This didn't, by any means, do the weekend or how God spoke to me ANY justice whatsoever?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home