~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, August 20, 2006

STOP THE TRAFFIK!

I will make sure that I blog about LOVE THAT but i wanted to blog specifically about LOVE THAT IN ACTION aside from everything else.

On August 19th about 300 youth went out into the streets of Parramatta and made people aware of an issue that has stirred something inside of me for a couple of years now - human traffiking.

When i first heard about it, it moved me so much that i wanted to do something about it (which i remember telling my good friend, Tara) but never really knew what someone so uneducated like me could really do. Therefore, i sort of just put the unjust emotions i felt about it to one side and didn't really do anything or speak up about it.

Now this issue is being raised again and for the first time, i had an incredible opportunity to publicly inform people what's going on with this horrendous crime.
I still don't really know much about it - not all the details anyway but i do know that it's the 3rd largest organised crime or criminal activity or something to that effect in the world. I do know that it's the selling of human beings whether it be for child labour or sex. I know that it happens in my own 'lucky country' Australia. I do know that people are being tricked and deceived about the circumstances they're getting into and i know that it's wrong and that these people are under such a strong grip to ever leave the hell they're in. We need to be their voice and to save these innocent people from living in these conditions. We need to be their voice by saying it's gotta stop!

But anyway....

We got out into the community, sold keyrings, did free face painting, handed out information fliers, held a signature petition, prayed over the community of Parramatta, made a stand by asking people to print their hand on some boards, held some light entertainment and ended by listening to Paul Moulds talk about what it was and getting us all a bit informed.

It felt just so good to be stepping in for those who couldn't do it. It felt so good to know that these people who are the subject of God's broken and torn heart were being spoken for and were being brought into the public eye because too long this sort of thing has just been left in the dark without any hope.

Well, yesterday my generation of the Salvation Army, who believes in freedom in Christ and thus freedom on earth, adopted and took on the aching heart of God and were able to take a stand against this inhumane act, and to be some sort of hope and voice for these hurting people trapped in a lowly human traffiking act.

It gave me the biggest rush!!!!! I WANT to see the day when human traffiking won't even exist?!


STOP HUMAN TRAFFIKING TODAY!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home