~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, August 28, 2006

Lovin' Love That (the most over-used phrase of the year?!)

Ok so I said I'd post a blog about Love That and so here goes, two weeks later....i am so on schedule it's not funny - pfft, yea right!

Love That is a youth conference that is held every year. It's such a great time to come together with like-minded people of my/our generation and just come before God as we are to give him our utmost praise and to worship him with all we have - yep, really mind-blowing and life changing stuff!

I'm just gonna write a couple things that I picked up on.

The preacher who spoke the most words of truth and relevant stuff into my heart over the weekend was a fella from the UK by the name of Russell Rooke, he's a guy who runs or is involved with the organisation of a thing in the UK called Alove. Dunno exactly what it is but it sounds good!

The first night he preached he spoke about our God who gives. He continues to give "over and over and over again". He's not a God who stops giving to us. I thought this was really interesting and it made me think pretty hard about it, because so often i think that God stops blessing me with mercies and riches etc because i'm unfaithful to him or because i turn my back to him or because there's too much sin in my life for him to continue giving. But Russ was saying that it's a myth and a lie that we've heard too much about. God will never stop giving to us. Although I was skeptical about it, it definitely something worth giving more thought to and praying about.

On saturday I went to a session titled 'compassion' led by Mark Zschech (however it's spelt) and it didn't disappoint. He talked about Hope Rwanda and I was really moved and stirred by what I saw them doing over there! He also spoke about Moses and the miracles God performed for him to prove God could use Moses. I learnt that if God wants to use us, he'll do so whether we like it or not. Moses told God he couldn't be used and therefore God accommodated Moses by using him through the voice of Aaron. Yea, i probly didn't explain that well but it makes sense to me, so meh, if you don't get it, don't worry!

On Sunday I wasn't really into the girly chit chat with Mel Wade but she spoke well nonetheless and i KNOW there were girls there who would really have benefitted from the things she spoke about so it was great!

On Sunday afternoon Russ spoke again about how, although we're on this amazing spiritual buzz, high thing because of how much the Holy Spirit was overflowing from within us, we're still going to go back home to our everyday issues and that the problems affecting us before we got to Love That would still be the same problems and issues we'd go back home to, although God changed over the weekend didn't mean that our circumstances facing us in our normal, everday world will have changed. That was pretty confronting to have to hear but something which we all needed to be prepared for.

Probably something that God spoke to me most about was something which I've been praying about for a few months now. He spoke to me during the music time and also through other people affirming stuff that i'd been praying about. It was all really exciting but i guess now i just need to put it into practice and step out in faith believing that God's going to use me in a cool way. It's also a really scary thing to believe in and accept the gifts and talents he's given to me and to embrace and run with it in all my entirety after so long of saying, 'nah, that's not my thing'. It's going to be a huge test of letting go of my pride so that God can use me how he wants to and i'm pretty sure it's not going to be easy but i know that if i'm willing to let go of it, God will be there to fall back on when it gets a bit tough or i just don't feel worthy or good enough. Just being open to God and saying, 'do whatever you want with me' opens up the biggest windows of opportunity!

Anyway, that's the LOVE THAT blog haha....

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home