~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Home of a Heart

Over this next week i am housesitting for a couple i've only just met. Their house is just smashing!!! i can't believe they asked me but i'm awfully grateful, they are the greatest of people!!!

Then, two weeks after that, I'll be housesitting for a couple who live in London who used to go to my church. They have a nice house too.

So hey, guess what...i've been thinking about packing up all my stuff and selling everything i own ('cept a suitcase of essentials like clothes etc) and housesitting instead of living back at home. The rent/board is free and i can save money and then do it all over the planet!!!! How exciting!!!!

A big part of my lifes dream is to live in America - live 'the American Dream'.

Today the phrase 'Home is Where the Heart is' has been pervading my thoughts - who the heck knows why?! - and i stopped and had a think about it.

HOW TRUE!!!!!!

It doesn't matter where your physical home is, your real true home is anywhere that your heart longs to be. So i thought more about it and my heart would be totally into housesitting and even though i wouldn't have one set place that i lived (the thought of being sort of like a vagabond thrills me!) my home is where i'm most happiest, which kind of makes sense when i think about how much my heart just longs to be in heaven because THAT'S where my heart considers 'home'.

So anyway, there've been a few songs i've had on repeat lately and one of them is 'Homesick' by Mercy Me.

The song talks about a loved one that passed away but i love listening to it when i'm feeling lonely or 'homesick' for Jesus because the concept of being 'homesick' on earth is EXACTLY how i feel somtimes.

Home is where my heart is and my heart longs to be with Jesus somewhere up in those magnificent clouds!

I've copied and pasted the words that stood out the most to me (the whole song is here)but if you get a chance to get your hands on it, make sure you have a listen to the whole song!

"...Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now..."


Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home