~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Queenslander Salvos - Schoolies 2006

If anyone knows me well, they'll know that i like to go into far more detail than what is actually necessary when relaying information or a series of events! I could EASILY do that with my 2006 Schoolies experience but I'M NOT GOING TO! i hope not anyway, i refuse to do it this time! So enough about that....

I want to just tell you about the people i met rather than my time away and i'll do that in parts - three parts in fact! I'll start with the Salvo Queenslanders that i met that don't really have anything to do with anything but that were cool or that made my experience greater!

I'll start with Kirsten. This girl I've known for a few years now and is THE BOMB!!! Going to QLD was sooo scary. It was the first time I've done Schoolies HC without any of my friends and Kirsten was so incredibly sensitive to that! From the day that i arrived to the day that i went home, she was there for me no matter what! We also shared a room together which was tops because i couldn't imagine sharing a room with a stranger - i'm not that confident!!! We were short-sheeted but that's another story all toghether?! grrrrr..... hehehe ..... Kirsten, i'll always, always love you!!!! And i still miss you here in Sydney :o(....wooooooo...LOVERRRRRSSSS!!! You KNOW what i mean?!

Corinne - dear little Corrine. This girl i've never met in my whole life, i'm sure of it (although she tries to tell me that she plaited my hair at a Junior Music Camp once!). She was just the sweetest and sooooooo pretty it makes me jealous lol.... I'm pretty sure we only became good friends because i'd seen her on Elyse's myspace! We were Red Froggers (RF) in the same hotel but we were in different teams. It was nice though because when we had combined team meetings (Nathaniel and Leonie's groups, otherwise known as 'the family') we always laughed together about different things and always shared stuff, kinda reminded me a whole lot of Cec - whom i missed soooooooooooo much at Schoolies but so Corrine is really cool!!! Corrine, you made my time in QLD such a breeze and you are such an intimate pray-er, i truly felt soooo close to God when i heard you pray, i am blessed?! - thank you! And i have ONE word for you - CRAPTER!!!!!!!!

Jane - This chick is one of my own kind ie. Sydney person, but i never really knew her before. I knew OF her but not about her. She even works on the same building i do - SHAME! She was a part time RF at schoolies which meant she wasn't there for the entire duration of the week. That was sad because it would have been great getting to know her more but the time i had was good enough anyway! I'm really, really grateful and thankful for the tiny bit of time that i got to know Jane because she is just a sweet girl with the most beautiful heart. Jane, let our friendship not cease on the Gold Coast! Haha...fun times with Salvo celebrities....you know the one i mean....the one you let slip to Simon!!! Teehee.....oh it was a priceless moment at the dinner table! You're lucky it was ONLY simon who, for the most part, is a sydney-sider anyway!!!!

Leonie - This girl maaaaannnnn......blew me away!!!! I've known Leonie for three years now (she probaby hasn't known me) but i knew of her at my first ever Schoolies! It wasn't until this year that i came into a real appreciation of the girl! To be honest, when i first encountered Leonie, I thought she was a bit snobby and definitely NOT someone who'd want to talk to me but BOY was i wrong?! She is the most loveliest, nicest, sincere, patient, understanding girl i know (apart from Mooj/Mozzie) and her smile is gorgeous and makes all the things you worry about disappear. She wouldn't have known it but i always HOPED she would smile at me because that just made me feel accepted and welcome and was truly the greatest, thank you Leonie!! You couldn't have been anymore warm and welcoming if you'd have tried and your laugh is contagious!!!!

Then there people who were already my friends anyway like Simon, Nicki, Sarah, Brendan, Nathan etc....

There was a very disappointing turn out by the Sydney people:


Cecilia who doing her uni exams
Luke who was in PNG - NO EXCUSE hahaha....
Rohan who started his first full time job
Katie who'd just finished the school and assumingly couldn't afford it
Aaron - likewise
Jarrod - i don't know his reasons sooooooooo....NO EXCUSE! hahaha....
Kirsty who's reasoning was that she's getting married and couldn't afford it i think.

Then there was the newbies:
Rachel Nowell who got called away to floppin' Qutar or wherever it is!
Rachel Unicomb who couldn't afford it - something to do with Fiji
Dina (aka Mozzie/Mooj) who was undertaking TAFE examinations
Elyse who is going to Kenya in x amount of days
Cat who plain just chickened out!!! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh....(i think she got a job too.)

THIS IS A POOR EFFORT SYDNEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

I expect you ALL to be there next year!!!!

Part one over and out!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home