~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A 'poke you in the eye' Mocha Latte (Mochaccino)

UPDATE:
Today (29th March) when i asked for a mocha latte, the man looked at me funny and questioned me, "A mocha latte?" and i replied, "ummmm just a mocha?" he said, "sure, a mocha it is!" he then proceeded to inform me that it was actually technically called a mochaccino! I stand corrected!


Never have i felt the need to write about coffee more than i have today!

I'm not a huge coffee drinker but i do usually have at least one a day. It's not that i couldn't live without coffee it's just that i like the edge it has! In no way does it make me alert - THAT is a misconception the world has!

I love how in the movies a coffee makes people look extra intelligent or like they're very sophistocated. The people are always running late or something dramatic is going on and they're on a 'cell' phone and happen to pick up a coffee on the way. It looks maaaad!!!!

Now, it's quite an American thing grabbing a coffee in the morning and slamming it down on your way to work. It's not really something that originated from the land down under! However, on my way to work and particularly as i sit in the foyer watching the people stream in to work for the day, i see them constantly dashing in with a coffee in hand! They also look pretty cool and sophistocated. So although it's an American tradition, anyone can look cool and sophistocated as long as they have that coffee in their hand!

I love it. But although i LOVE coffee, i hate the coffees that you buy from cafes! The taste is just too ..... i don't even have a word for it ..... strong? Nah, that doesn't encapsulate it as much as i want it to. The taste is not like your instant nescafe of your daily cup of moccona and i guess that's because it's ground or something i dunno, not familiar with coffee grounding methods, but it's just not nice.

This means that i miss out on grabbing my sophistocated cup of coffee in the sweet little coffee cup. I COULD grab a hot chocolate but that is just too much for me in the morning and makes me feel sick and also, it's not a coffee, it's not the real deal! It really makes me sad because *iiii want to look sophistocated! Well not really but i like to give off the impression that i am! haha...

Anyway, this morning was the biggest highlight of my week! I wanted a coffee and i wanted the whole sophistication of it all so i marched myself into the cafe and i said to the man, "look, i'm not very good with coffee but do you have something with coffee AND chocolate in it?" i thought that maybe the bad cafe coffee taste might be watered down if something else was in it! He said, "you want a mocha latte?" i said, "YES!" and i paid and waited for it to be made.

Just off topic, the man that made my 'mocha latte' was irish and he was alright looking and he made my day by making a joke about it when he gave it to me, something about mocha latte fabacino deliziaso poke you in the eye.....hahaha, i laughed anyway, thought he was a handsome funny IRISH guy!!

I hurried away (like they do in the movies) and took a sip of my 'mocha latte' and MY GOODNESSS!!!!!! i was on cloud nine!!!!!! It tasted so good!!!! I was wrapped!!!!!! I could now buy a 'mocha latte' and look sophistocated because i enjoyed the taste! I also realised that when i went to a cafe for 'coffee' i could actually order a mocha latte!!!!

WHAT A JOY!!!

So anyway, i just HAD to blog about this because it has set the mood for my day - i feel like dancing! Why one coffee can make you feel so good, i'll never know!

My day has been made PERFECT!

Tink xoxo

PS: Harlen Coben has released his new book - "Promise Me". Make sure you get your hands on it!!
* Trying to empahsize the word 'i' doesn't really work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home