~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cry Out

One of my favourite things in the bible is where it says in Luke 19:40:

"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

I love it because it displays God's power and how majestic and worthy he is of our praise.

When we don't praise God or we forget or we choose not to do so, all of creation and nature bows down before him and worships him instead.

When Jesus was talking to Peter in the New Testament about Peter not paying his taxes, Jesus told Peter to get his (and Jesus) tax from the mouth of the very first fish he caught.

Jesus only uses us when we're willing and obedient. The fish with the coin probably had no idea that it would bring praise to Jesus in the form of a coin but when Peter was getting bitter about paying taxes, it gave Peter the money for his tax nonetheless.

Nature and creation are so hung up about praising God and recognise his majesty and worth so much that they do what God asks of them at the drop of a hat, they don't think about it or how it benefits them, they just do it.

When we don't obey God or we don't listen for his voice, we miss out on the bigger plan he has for us. God is not gonna sit around and just twiddle his thumbs waiting for us to come to our senses but rather he's going to use what is available to him, he will use an obedient person before he uses someone whose 'mind isn't quite made up'.

Don't miss an opportunity to praise God because if we don't praise him, nature will! I don't know about you but I'd rather get first dibs at praising God over nature! I don't want God to have to use someone else because i haven't been willing to do what he wants me to do.

There's a song (i'm all into lyrics right now - thanks alot Neysha!) that describes this so well. Get your hands on it if you can! It's called 'My Offering' by Nichole Nordeman (I'm SO into her!). She is like, the queen of lyrics, she writes soooooo well and uses the BEST word imagery!!!!

MY OFFERING
If You made me like the grass that is green
Growing tall and covering the hills above me
Maybe I would pray for sunshine and a little rain
To fall now and then to make me lovely
I could be a place where sheep could graze
Or barefoot feet could play
And I would grow and grow and hope You'd bend down low
To hear me sing my offering

Open up the heavens, open up the sky
All of Your creation wants to testify
I have a song, so let the earth sing along'
Cause I just want to praise You

If You made me to be a cloud in the sky
Found the perfect place way up high where I could hover
Maybe I would pray for skies that were blue
Or a sunset or two to show Your colors
Or maybe I might be
A mountain strong and steep
But I would try and stand as tall as I can
And I would sing my offering

And the sun every morning cannot wait to shine

And the stars every evening are all standing by to light the sky
Give the rocks and the stones voices of their own
If we forget to sing praises to our King

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home