~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, April 12, 2010

Camp Del Oro 2010

I JUST FOUND THIS AS A DRAFT!
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT WAS NEVER PUBLISHED!

The time has come again to go back to the place i consider my second home!

Camp 2010 is just around the corner and it's very exciting and very nerve-wracking at the same time!

Everything's mostly organised and i'm ready to go but i always have last minute second thoughts about everything i do, perhaps it's more cold feet than second thoughts.

Camp this year is something i've put a lot of prayer and consideration into and have desired to do since a couple of months after last year's camp. I know that this is where I am meant to be this year and never have i had doubts that i should go.

I'm really excited because not a lot of people i know will be there this year and so it's an opportunity for me to experience camp fresh, as if it was my first year again.

I think i went to camp last year without having prayed about it much at all and i also went in the shadow of people which are big mistakes to make when going to camp. Camp is not about who you know there, it's not about going to rekindle friendships with other staff, that stuff is a bonus and i think it can become a dangerous trap to fall into.

This year there are a few reasons i'm going. The most important reason i'm going is because the ministry with the teens at this camp is so crucial and it's something i neglected to think of last year. But those teens look up to you and this being my third i know alot of them. I have an idea of where they come from and what pushes their buttons. It's a positive investment into their lives that should be considered a privilege and not something taken for granted. So having said that, that is my main reason for being at camp this year.

The solitude that can be found there is also a motivation. It's time out from life to reflect in nature and draw closer to God, with the intention of gaining more of an understanding of who he is.

I'm excited because I want to draw strength from him and solely rely on him for all that i need which, as i said before, is how i came to camp the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home