~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, November 01, 2010

Revisiting Old Blogs - Peace

Every now and then I'll go back through all my blogs and read the old ones. They're so good, so refreshing which is why i like to blog about anything and everything, because i never which ones will inspire or encourage me further down the track.

I was reading through my blogs looking for something in particular when i came across something that re-challenged me.

One Sunday, while i was at camp, i visited The Salvation Army in Grass Valley and a lot of the time most of what the minister there said would go right over my head. But this one time i remember i was dealing with a lot of emotional things, trying to put everything in my head in order and he talked about something that caught me off-guard. So often a minister will say something that i never see coming that speaks into my current circumstance.

He talked about giving God the reigns, handing it all over to him - everything we worry about, everything we wish we could fix ourselves but can't, the whole kit and caboodle.

Previously a friend of mine had emailed me telling me to leave it with God because he would figure it out.

So during that sermon i did, i handed most of it over to God and at the time, thought i'd handed ALL of it to him to deal with.

Now reading through my old blog, i read that once we do that, he will fill us with a peace that transcends all understanding.

But since then, i haven't really felt a peace about my situation and part of that is because when i thought i'd handed over the reigns, i think i only gave him one and not two. I'm still holding on to some of it, i still want the results and the answers that i need to have but deep in my heart i know that his will is best for my life.

So i'm still praying for that peace and for open hands and something i should let go of and leave with God as painful as it feels.

Just a random thought i wanted to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home