~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Hungry Feeling

I have been having a hard time of late being consistent with my weight loss. I'd have one week on and one week off. But for the last 3 weeks i have been losing weight consistently. It's a proud, welcome relief to say the least!

These are my latest observations with weight loss.

I actually strive to for that hungry feeling. I know a lot of dieticians and health professionals say that always feeling satisfied is key to weight loss but i actually lose more weight during the weeks where i have experienced what i call, 'the hungry feeling' than if i haven't experienced it. Now don't get me wrong. I 100% agree that snacking on healthy foods in between meals is the way to go. And if that works for you, then that is awesome! But for me, in my lifestyle, it seems as though snacking is an irregular thing. I can't be or keep consistent with it and routine is a big part of who i am. I don't go out of my way to starve myself as such, but whenever i haven't snacked and feel hungry, i don't feel the need to snack either. And so i quite enjoy 'the hungry feeling' because, to me, it's an indication of my weight loss and that i am doing everything right, it almost feels as though my internal structure is letting me know it's shrinking!

I've decided, that weight loss is not always about feeling satisfied. There ARE times when you will feel hungry but that's ok, because that's what losing weight is all about. It's about not eating as much food as you normally would. I've learnt that through portion control. A great, and somewhat obvious, quote i read this week is this:

"If you always eat what you've always eaten, you'll always be what you've always been"

The second thing i've realised is this:

Losing weight takes a long time. It sounds so simple and straight-forward, but until you actually go on that journey, it's not as basic as it sounds.

I am roughly 18 weeks into my weight-loss journey (I'm losing count!) and it's definitely starting to wear me down. I feel like i've been on this journey forever and countless times i've just wanted to stop and get off the ride.

Losing weight takes a long time. Particularly if you have a lot of weight to lose like me. Before i started, i realised that. But you really won't understand what it actually takes or what it actually means until you're well and truly into it.

The thing is, once you ARE well and truly into it, it's addictive. It's not something you can just abandon.

I've lost 18kg's now and i'll be damned if i don't reach my goal. I've come too far.

So to anyone who's starting out or anyone thinking of doing this, you have to be serious about it because chances are, it's not going to happen in 4 weeks. It will take an awfully long time. You just have to remain committed and focused on what you're doing and if i can do it, anyone can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home