~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, September 15, 2006

Transplanting

My blog titles these days are becoming soooooooo good!!!! pffft....

Anyway, I have asthma. "So do a million other people" i hear you say, " so get over yourself".

Well, that's true but it's a disease nonetheless and unless you have this very stupid disease, you will never know just how frustrating and how incredibly annoying and irratating it truly is.

I remember when i was high school and continually short of breathe how upsetting a visit to the doctor's used to be. I'd always think how unfair life was that the rest of my immediate family didn't have to see a doctor half as many times as i did in their entire life and i even remember breaking down into tears in a crying fit after one visit while i was in the car with my dad, ranting and raving about how stupid asthma was and why i had to have it and how sick to death of being sick i was, i was desperate to be a labrat for the cure to asthma because of how much it sucked. A pat on the back and, "you'll be alright"???? How does anyone respond to that??? I'd had enough of visiting the doctor and of taking puffa after puffa after puffa to prevent and relieve my symptoms, something i've STILL, to this day,had enough of.

Boy, it used to make me livid and mad and cranky that I had to have asthma, i'd always question why it had to me and why it couldn't have been someone else. To this day i HATE having asthma. Honestly, unless you have this respiratory problem, you really will never understand how angry and how nuts it can make a person.

Your whole insides feel like they are being strangled and everytime you try and take a breath of air, it feels like your airways are about to cave in. I'm telling you, somedays it'd be nice just to be able to never have to worry about where your next breath is coming from. Sometimes when you cough, you take that big a breath that even your sides hurt because you're trying to take as much air in as possible......gahhhhh possibly the most frustrating thing i will ever have to endure on planet earth.

Soooooo......

Lately I've been thinking. I'd like to have a lung transplant please. I'd like to rid myself of this disease because at present there is no cure for it except to have a lung transplant. So I'd like a lung transplant.

However, there are some hurdles i need to get through first. I'm pretty sure they don't give out lung transplants willy nilly and they're reserved for life threatened patients. That rules me out. Also i'm not sure that they give out double lung transplants because that's dangerous. But if i pass these two tests, hopefully sometime in the near future i can have a double lung transplant.

I've heard that with lung transplants there is a huge risk that the patient could die and even if the patient doesn't die, they're only expected to live another five or so years longer. But i'm young and five years being asthma free would be five years definitely worth living and dying for!!!!! Only an asthmatic could understand that?!

I will be sooooooooo cranky if i EVER hear that a smoker has a lung transplant for lung cancer. That will make me very angry!!!!! Because asthma is something i've been born with, not something that has been self-inflicted, although i have heard that the milk you were fed as a baby could have something to do with this disease but i'm not going to blame my parents.

Just don't EVER let me come across someone who is having a lung transplant for their tobacco infested lungs! Because I WON'T be nice to them!!!!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home