~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Somnambulism

Got a quirky habit? I do and it's one I thought i'd grow out of but apparently not.

Last night, I woke up sitting at my computer realising I'd jumped out of bed, scared at my wits ends thinking a snake had slithered out from under my pillow.

Even being really groggy and starting to wake up, I just sat looking at my bed too scared to get back in it and go to sleep.

After a few more moments of waking up and understanding what was going on, I reluctantly crawled back under the covers and went back to sleep.

My condition is somnambulism - aka Sleep Walking. Most people experience it sometime in their life but how come it never leaves me?

I have to admit, it only happens when i'm deeply asleep and it doesn't happen as often as it used to when i was a kid coz i keep my door closed now. It wakes me up trying to turn the doorhandle and when i wake up i'm always trying to escape from something.

It's crazy, crazy!!

I remember my parents telling stories about when they found me sitting at the piano trying to play it with the lid down.

And another time when I'd put on my school clothes and had my bags and was going out the front door. My dad asked me where i was going and i told him to school. hahaha....

Ah, memories. We all have our sleep walking stories. When I lived in Lakemba I'd wake up finding myself standing in front of my balcony window just staring out into nothingness and wondering what i was doing when i started waking up.

My dad says our brains are such incredible, complex things. I think he's right.

Tink xoxo

PS: Anyone wanna go camping? Some people live for this, a spare weekend and they're outta there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home