~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Helpful Tip

I just have a couple of things i left out of my other blog.

The first one is tipping.

Flip, I dunno if i'm ever gonna get used to this. I've kinda been avoiding eating at restaurants and cafes etc or doing anything that requires tipping! Coz people tell me that sometimes they include it in the bill and sometimes they don't. So anyway, i get to the end of my meal at Dinah's, the Little Miss Sunshine Cafe, and i go to the lady, 'do ya want me to tip you or did you include it in the bill'. It's a pretty embarressing to have to ask but what could i do, it woulda been ruder if i didn't tip them when i should've!!!

She was heaps nice about it! She had a few giggles and gave me a lesson in tipping, she was so super friendly and Dina, you woulda loved her, she was one of those 'babe' calling chicks. She used the words honey and babe and sweety, just a very nice lady but it was a lesson i don't think i still understand, but whatever!

It's just that tipping seems so stupid coz pretty much it's like $1.50 per every $10 that you spend and it just doesn't seem worth it, but i guess, it all adds up....or something?! .... in the end...

So the other thing was my first english lesson - geez louise.

I always think it's so stupid when people talk about how aussies and yankees can't understand each other. I mean, how hard is it to listen to what people are saying. It's very hard apparently coz today a guy at maccas had to repeat himself not even twice but three times because i couldn't understand the word 'Soda'. He goes, 'what soda would you like with that'.....flop, couldn't he have just said, 'what drink would you like with that?' Now, i know what that word soda means and is but didn't expect it in that context bahaha....i am officially so stupid!!! It was all good though, we both laughed about it! This bleepin' accent is seriously doing my head in though, everywhere you go, people speak weird - at times it can be painful but other times i just soak it all up - i seriously love it!!! Can't get enough of it, hopefully i'll some sort of twangatang!

Ahh that's all i've got!

Alisha xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home