~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Here I am, Lord!

Wow, so here I am. In the USA. i haven't quite arrived at the destination i know God's called me to but i will get there eventually.

My flight was hectic but i mean that in such a good way. I was blessed to sit in a three seater both to Fiji AND the US with only one other person so there was room to spread out and be comfortable. They were both Indian men, one who looked like he was scared of me and the other one way too talkative who i found out used to live in Liverpool for three years but now resides in the US where he was returning home to. Trust me, if you ever travel, make sure you reserve seats with one in between, i think it's rare for another person to book that 'middle' seat - sweeeeeeet!!!!

Rachel Unicomb was saying how calm i seem to be about this all, actually even my dad commented that he'd be beside himself but Rachel's right. I'm so breezy. Everything's just happening and i seem to be not losing my head in amonst it all. I feel so calm that it's like i haven't left the country at all, just gone to another state. Which is true somewhat i guess....

Dina and Emily, you guys are so great and i am SO blessed to have both of you in my life, thank you (beyond words) for seeing me off. Sure enough i didn't cry at customs but when i got on the plane and started getting msgs from people and thought about what i'm leaving i was a blubbering mess, i guess it had to happen. The poor Indian man who seemed scared of me must've been thinking i was gonna be the sniffly woman the whole way to Fiji, luckily for him, i stopped! The emotions had to happen, it was then that i decided NOT to look at the scrapbook Dina made me - bless, i've looked at it now and it is so special to me.

I got to Fiji and all i could think of were matt and hannah....was it that big map you were talking about hannah? Far too much currency is in my wallet, yankee, fijian and aussie....anyway, i'm having a great time. Actually I'm about to head off and have some much needed dinner, real food (yuck, the plane food was slop!) at a place over the road called 'Dinah's'. I'm also about to relearn how to tip people, my first experience of that was on the shuttle this morning where i tipped the man and extra buck for taking out my VERY HEAVY suitcase. Dinah's is the place they apparently filmed 'Little Miss Sunshine' (now you're gonna HAVE to watch it matt!) so i'm kinda excited even though i'm gonna take my journal and write and eat at the same time, but hey, that's what you do over here - and it should also take the sting off eating alone. I'm keen to start reading my single book i picked up from Koorong as well.

I'm LOVING this free internet business on my travels. The airport had it and so does this hotel - i'm making the most of it before i get to camp and become deprived hahaha....

The sleep thing's weird though, i don't feel particularly tired. However, i nearly slept through breakfast this morning coz i couldn't keep my eyes open after taking THREE sleeping tablets, it was the bomb, i took two after the first one did NOTHING to me - you were right Mel!!!! But after the second two i was peacefully dozing. The training this afternoon was hectic though, my head was full spinning and my eyes just needed to close.

Tonight i'm staying in a room with two other girls who already know each other. They seem a litle bit snobby and not particularly interseted in me so i'm just trying to stay out of the room as much as i can. I'm also gonna go over to dinah's a bit later than everyone as well so i don't look like as much of a dork eating alone. Damn i'm REALLY wishing i'd come over with Erin now!!! Baby, where are you when i DESPERATELY need you!!!! hhahaha....

It's weird staying in a room with people you don't know who don't particularly seem intersted in having you around. it's even weirder when all you wanna do is lay down and sleep but it being too weird coz i'm a stranger to 'em. meh....i'm looking forward to tomorrow coz i get my own single room WOOP WOOP!!!

Then on thursday i fly off to Sacramento where the REAL fun begins!!!

Talk to you all again then....

Ciao and i love you all!!!
Alisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home