~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, June 09, 2008

Orientation

ORIENTATION STARTED - WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! And i dunno when the next time i'll get to blog is so i'm gonna say this is my last one for awhile, how amazing that i get to be on here so often, i'm sure that will soon come to an end!!!

I have made the greatest friends already (unforutnately they work in the Discovery camp, primary school kids but we all get to reunite on weekends!) and the coolest part is that we are all foreigners - we all have something in common. Maryellen and Joleen from Canada, Andy from England, Dalen from South Africa and random yankees, Amanda, Amy and Jason. Dalen pays me out for the sheep in australia, but he's got the wrong country man?! So i pay out his South African accent, even though i truly dig it!

Well, i'll try make this short...

Today was the start of orientation as i said and it has just been so cool! We ate brunch but the yankees believe that if you eat brunch, you don't get another meal til dinner time (what they call supper) so we foreigners basically starved! ha!

Our first intro was the american anthem sung by a black guy - hilarious and then we ate dinner - steak eeek....hahaha but i ate it! I'm just too polite, eh?!

After dinner, we headed out to the field and seriously, i just wanted to video the whole thing so y'all could see it but my battery died and i had to participate anywya, that's the thing that's kinda sucking about being a tourist and a counsellor AT THE SAME TIME!

We played games and we played dog and bone. 'Cept we were all so far apart so we actually had to run, not just skip and jump hahaha....i stacked it on the way back and now my knee hurts :o( but geez, it was hectically fun!

We have just come back from devotions and it was good, the prayer time we had was rockin' and God really seeped into my heart oh man, i have never felt God's spirit upon me so intensely while praying before but when this one guy prayed, i think it was neil, i just broke into tears and God really touched my heart. God poured his spirit into me so tangibly tonight and could've stayed there to pray forever! This is totally gonna be the summer of my life - i know it!

So as you can see i'm already starting to have a ball and i'm really looking forward to what this week has to offer me, it's gonna be great and then to meet the teens, will be mind-blowing!
I'm off to the teen camp area now (a bit of a hike for a excercise-hating person) for a bonfire and chat with the other teen staff, who are such great people. The workers are few (7 of us) but the harvest is great!


We'll be up ready for flag-raising at 8:15am tomorrow - it'll be interesting to see how much i can learn of the yankee anthem - it grows on me!

Alisha xoxo

PS: I have decorated my cabin with an aussie flag and aussie sign out the front, still wanna do more though.

PPS: How amazed are you that i am still ALWAYS on facebook!!! Where there is a will, there is a way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home