~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Reno, Walmart and the Wildlife

Oh my goodness, where do i begin...like, seriously?!

I'm gonna start from half way through my day today...if ya don't mind?!

Today was my second english lesson, again at maccas. The guy at the counter asked me, 'Eat in or to go'. Say that really fast, with a yankee accent! I didn't understand it but when i finally did i was like, go where??????? We'd normally say, 'have here or take away?'.....seriously, this accent is screwing my mind!!! It's so weird that it's starting to rub off on me, sometimes (after not even being here for a full week) i catch myself saying something with a ridiculously bizarre accent! I quickly pull myself back into line, trust me!

Anyway....I AM HERE!!!!!!!!!!! CAMP DEL ORO!!!!!!!This place seriously, quite literally blows my mind. It's breath-taking, leaves you speechless (which is perhaps why i am finding it so hard to get into conversations, more about that later)....this place is like a sanctuary like no place you've ever seen before!!!! We do NOT have ANYTHING like this in Australia - i am 100% certainly convinced!

One thing i have been struggling with alot here is how unlike myself i have been here, thanks for that Dad! I am so quiet and reserved, i'm just so scared of everyone, american's are so loud and out there....hey rachel, you know how you had that problem last november....welll i am experiencing the same thing with one of the girls here, she's like the american version of me and i just feel so ..... cramped. But i know that as time goes on, we'll all get to know each other really well and i will hobble out of my shell, it's just so ridiculously hard right now, it's confusing, like i don't even understand why i am so shy and quiet. I am the crappest at finding things to say - weird and unbelievable right? I KNOW!

There are Ponderosa Trees EVERYWHERE, they squeeze up against eachother so that they can't possibly fit anymore in - it's nuts!!! They're huge! Jeff, the Teen Camp director says they are some 200 feet high - i think. It's crazy which is just like the weather here too!!! The days are warm, even hot but the mornings and evenings are freezing - but i love it!!!! What else i loved was that Jeff stated the most true fact that i hadn't even realised...there's no humidity here - none whatsoever!!!! So you can get really hot in the sun and then take a step back into the shadows and cool off instantly, it's like a dry swim - how crazy is that - BUT IT'S TRUE!!!!!

Nevada City is truly old style!!! Think white picket fences and verandahs with the wooden encased screen door and that's what lines the streets of this old Goldrush town, the biggest town in the goldrush!!! It's so antique - it reminds me a little of Ballerat but is just so much more incredible and like something out of a movie.

So anyway, my camp doesn't start til Sunday and i got here on Thursday, today is Friday. Program Staff are here at the moment are running the joint so us counsellors are pretty much just finding odd stuff to do.To be honest, i don't think i really fit in yesterday and shed a few tears going to sleep (no matt i didn't cry myself to sleep, ya phil oliveti!!!) over it but that's coz there were no other counsellors here and besides, it's ok to feel like that on the first day, right???One counsellor Will was great - he reminds me alot of Dale. He chats to me quite a bit and has a good laugh with me, he's tops! I kinda wish the other counsellors chatted to me that much but it's totally not their fault, they're probly as awkward around me as i feel around them - but on a whole they're all totally great people. Megan's totally crazy and reminds me alot of me in my natural habit - she's totally nuts, her laugh is infectious too, it makes me wanna laugh! She's pretty sweet too, got some funny stories and ideas but i guess that's what makes her, eh?! Kelly and Lizz are Aussies and they're good to talk to especially when ya need a bit of home invasion! Sahara, man, she's the coolest chick - so little, yet soooooooo much attitude. In fact i love her so much coz she reminds me alot of what anna domrow woulda been like at her age of 18. Bless. Then there are Jordan (aaron, you'd probly LOVE him!) and some of the other guys.....oh and Claire maaaaan, she cracks me!!!!

But anyway, i probly should just tell you what happened today instead of wasting my curfew time....Ummm....today i went to Reno, crossing the state border of California. It was so cool, the terrain will not be done justice if i type it here!Today i also went to WALMART - OH MY GOSH I WENT TO WALMART - DUDE, I WENT TO WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought a sleeping bag, it's rad!!!!

We picked up Mary Ellen who is so cool, she's like my new buddy coz she's a counsellor like me!!!We also went to this Sports store, seriously it's bigger than bunnings! It had a shooting range, an aquarium, an elaborate stuffed animal display and .... it was just massive ok and then when you walk outta the store, there in front of you, is mountains and phoawwww....

Indescribable - God is the artist of all artists!

On the way to and from Reno, there was SNOW on the mountaintops!!!!! Can you believe that? Everything else is melted and yet there is SNOW ON THE MOUNTAINTOPS!!!! I swear my mum woulda loved this place!!!!

Anyway, i really do have to go but i just have to say that every day just gets better, i'm serious! And God touches me in a new way everyday! I am IN LOVE, it's the most romantic trip with him i have ever been on in my whole life! I wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else?!

Sorry it's been so brief and so unindepth but you get the idea!!!

Talk to you all soon, i miss you guys all so much!!!!!

Alisha xoxo

PS: I have no reception here so my phone doesn't work! Thank God for internet!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home