~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Part One: Christianity aka 'Religion'

I don't feel I need to explain myself on these topics but for those people who don't understand Christianity or for people who think Christianity 'clouds' my judgement or opinions on things this is just a brief overview of things i believe in and why.

Sure, there are some things that Christianity plays a part in how i think but other things, i just don't like it - nothing to do with God, it's just me, plain, simple, don't like it!

So over the next couple of days/hours, I will endeavour to write a blog on what I believe.

I was originally just going to make this one big fat blog but concluded that no-one would get past the first belief thingy so in an effort to hold your attention, I chopped it up into parts…..

Christianity aka 'Religion'
To be a Christian means to practice Christianity aka being a disciple. If you don't know what Christianity or disciple means then look them up. I'm not here to give you a word for word account of the dictionary but what i DO want you to know is that religion encompasses EVERY faith. I'm only about ONE of those faiths.


So for anybody who doesn't like me because i am 'religious', PLEASE, do NOT insult me. Christianity is not about the religion in itself, it’s a relationship with Jesus Christ.

I aim to follow him, to become like him or die trying! If people can’t accept that this is what I believe and can’t maintain their friendship with me because of it, then so be it. My relationship with Jesus Christ is far more important to me than any relationship on earth. I’d rather be in a relationship with someone, friends, dudes, family, that respect my relationship with Jesus than in a relationship with someone which it bothers so much!

That being said doesn’t mean I’m not going to take the time to listen to people, it doesn’t even mean I am going to judge someone else because of the decisions they make – it’s their life, their beliefs – it just means I have my own feet already planted in a living man (Jesus Christ) and an eternal hope and future which no other ‘religion’ offers to me!So if you don’t enjoy Christianity and think it’s not for you that’s your decision to make and I respect that. But don’t label me religious, rather, if you have to label me at all, label me a follower of Jesus Christ and fit THAT into a sentence of why you don’t like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home