~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Summer Time

Annnnnnd here we go again.....

So for me, this will be my 7th summer in a row. Not that that's a record by any means (some ex-CCUSA'ers have seen a HEAP more that that!) But it's still crazy nonetheless!

I never used to like summer at all. It gets hot, i sweat, it just makes me feel like i'm inside this ginormous oven and no. I preferred the winter, where my face didn't look like a red, puffy, sweaty bloatation.

Then i went to summer camp. Still, i hated the heat.

Then i'd go back again and again and before i knew it, i was becoming accustomed to hot weather and not minding it so much.

So as a result, next year will be my first winter in three years and i am NOT looking forward to it, it is just going to be intense, i just know it!

I think i've blogged this before, but the summer at camp is a lot different to our summer here, at least in Nevada City anyways! At about 6 or 7pm, the sun starts going down and hence so does the weather! The nights are cooler, so cool in fact that you must wear sweat pants and sweaters to bed plus about 2 blankets!!! This is the middle of summer remember! Also, the mornings are cooler too and the heat doesn't start setting in til about 10am. It's the way summer SHOULD be!!!!

For those of you reading this who AREN'T Australian, the summer here, well at least in Sydney anyway, is just hot all season round! Summer hasn't even started here yet and already, it's 9am and 81 degrees fahrenheit (27c)!!!! Same goes for the evenings, in the middle of summer, it can be 3am and a blistering 83 degrees fahrenheit (30c) - AT 3AM!!!!!

I guess i'm just sold on the idea of cooler mornings and evenings, hot during the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home