~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, December 20, 2021

IQ/EQ

I'm very emotionally distraught by the displaced persons crisis of the world.
My 3 week awakening to Nauru in October 2012 opened my eyes to the insane, heartless lack of compassion our world seems to be experiencing currently.
Naively, I'd thought it had all come to rest some time last year and yet I am constantly reminded via world events and even occurrences in our own backyard of how volatile we are as human beings.
I'm, by no means, a scholar and I don't plan for this blog to be deep and philosophical, in fact, none of my blogs come under that category, but why is that there are so many people with hearts of cold stone???
I recently had a conversation with a colleague from work about the difference between IQ and EQ (of which I didn't even know the latter existed!).  But, as it turns out, whilst some are great with their brain, others are emotional wizards.  I seem to be the latter - or so I think!
I watched a movie today called Camp X-Ray.  I honestly went into it blindly (as I do most unheard-of films), not knowing really what I was watching.
By the end of it, I was in tears.  It brought back a flood of memories of my own time in Nauru.
Obviously it was nothing like gtmo, but the human soul was still exposed in the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home