~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bits and Pieces

For those of you who have been avidly following my blood donating habits, I take great pride in telling those of you that care that my blood type is...drum roll please....

~**O POSTIVE**~

That's right folks it's O Positive. The blood bank is in dire need of my blood. In researching the meaning of blood types, this is what i assume to be correct....

A: If you have A blood type people with A and AB blood types can use your blood, so not the best blood type to have!
B: If you have B blood type people with B and AB blood types can use your blood so also not the best blood type to have!
AB: If you have this blood type, the only people who can use your blood or you can donate your blood to are people with the same blood type. However, all the other blood types can give blood to the AB blood type. In other words, these people can receive any other blood type but they can't give their blood to people without AB blood.
O: This is MY blood type...it's very common! Alot of people in the world have this blood type from what I've gathered! Unfotunately though not enough people are donating their blood these days which is why there's a bit of a shortage on it. The only downer about O's is that, whilst they can give their blood to all other blood types, they themselves can only receive the O type blood. But because it's so common, it's not hard for them to receive that!

On a shorter note....

A can receive blood from A & O only
B can receive blood from B & O only
AB can receive blood from A, B, AB & O (all blood types)
O can receive blood from O only

Wow, that was complex and probably not even right.....well done if you understood that!

In America, people get paid between $40 and $60 just to donate their plasma!!!!! Imagine how much they get for their whole blood?! So i figure that makes me a TRUE hero because i am VOLUNTARILY giving my blood to people who need it most and, although it'd be nice being paid for it, i don't mind not being paid for it - it's for a good cause and like i've said before, could save a life!!

Now, on another completely different note....

I broke my phone in half last night. If you're laughing, I don't see the humour in it?! *insert evil look here*

I was laying on my bed and holding my phone above my head and it slipped out of my hand, hit ME in the head, crashed to the floor but not before first hitting the frame of my bed. When i got up to pick it up, i saw that it was laying on the floor in, not one, but TWO pieces!!! I nearly died!!! But, although it is still in need of desperate repair, i put it back together and so it is still functionable - but only just!

People, this is a VERY sad story, let's not treat this lightly, ok?!

*sighs*

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home