~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Trickling Stream Near the Gully

Some of you pioneer readers will remember a blog i posted about my Granddad and you'll have read how much i loved the way he encouraged my creativeness.

Well recently i've been cleaning out some files and have come across some really old letters and things, some very interesting ones too. Some made me laugh, some brought a tear to my eye and others just made me wish i could go back to the way things were. But i guess when you hunt through things from your past, all these emotions and feelings are bound to arise.

In the midst of all this stuff i was going through i found a couple of stories and poems i'd written when my Granddad was still alive. I wanted to post one poem i'd written here that my Granddad got to read. i remember it so clearly, my nanna and granddad were sitting down at their kitchen table having afternoon tea and i ran in from my adventures out on the farm boasting of a new poem i'd written while sitting on the top hill looking out over their paddocks. They both loved it and my Nanna asked if she could keep it but i said no so she told me never to throw it away. To this day I have kept it, obviously because i've found it again!

So here it is...bear in mind that i was only 13 or 14 when i'd written this so if it seems a bit immature and shallow or whatever, phrased badly etc, i was only young! However, i WAS taking in everything around me, all the nature etc which inspired me to write this.

The Trickling Stream Near the Gully
As I sat near the trickling stream in the gully,
I listened to the wind rustling through the trees.
Watching the grass sway in the direction of the wind,
Smelling the sweet fragrance of the flowers,
Glancing at the house that was sitting on the peak of the hill, Casperdoorn.
Listening to the birds fly overhead,
Chirpping in the great flock that they were.
As the wind blew harder I watched the trees on the mountain,
But still and motionless did they seem to be.
As the day grew near to the end,
One little sparrow flew by to catch up with it's flock.
The horses, the cattle and sheep
Continued to graze in the green meadows.
All this happened as I sat near the trickling stream in the gully.

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home