~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thoughts of Home

Today i wanted to go home. It's the first time i've been here that i've felt partial to that fact. Jeff, i know you're reading this, don't stress, it's all good, i aint goin' nowhere i'm just expressing myself to my friends and family through a blog - this is my .... space, i guess..... i can say anything here (within reason!)

So back to my country...

Today was hectic, orientation started for real today! The weather has been nice up until this point but today was hot and it's only gonna get hotter! But suckers, i'm missing out on winter - sucks to be you, ha!

So what'd we do?

We cleaned up camp REAL GOOD! Still alot to do, i think but we did some stuff today.
So don't ask me what the boys did (i'm sure they worked hard) but us girls set up the chairs (in the wrong place, ha!) and cleaned out the fridge and coffee pot.....dude, that sounds lame i know, but they were seriously dirty, we still have the freezer to clean out! But it's so worth it coz it likes like gold when we're finished! Dina, they have an ice machine like your fridge but it doesn't work....stress not, they have a smaller, better ice machine, ha! Fancy that?! Every anaemic's dream baaaahahahaha....


Our team (teen camp) consists of Jeff (the director of teen camp), Dirk, Lizz (an aussie), Amy, Jeff, Blake and me....it's a cosy little staff! We're all lovin' it.

After a FILLING lunch, we played some games on the field which were really fun, alotta laughs and i made a fool outta myself with the theatre sport where you have to just keep asking q's. I can't play that game whatsoever!

Then we headed back to teen camp to do 'sectionals' which is what we did earlier, however, we just sat around sharing testimony's/our stories. It was really good to learn about where each of us comes from in our walk with God, but it was also good to see where we are up to and what we are each learning - it's gonna be great doing life with these people!

I dunno what it was that made me wanna come home today but something i've realised today is that it's so easy to ignore missing home because we're always so busy here. I think it's why i almost lose it in devotions because i have time just to sit and think. In my own quiet with God, it's not so bad because i just hand everything over to God and share all my frustrations and feelings and thoughtswith him and he gives me my strength but just at devotions i seem to crack, i have no idea why! Looking into the stars and the night sky makes me a little homesick too (although i prefer not using that word, but rather pining for familiar things and familiar people.
They talk alot about getting out of our comfort zones here but i think it's something i'm already doing and it's hard work! They talked about this morning that feeling you have when you step out of your comfort zone and it's not a bad feeling but you definitely know something's up, something's happening. It's not a comfortable feeling and i find that to be great but still very hard.


Please don't get me wrong, i really do love it here it's just that home seemed so much more comfortable, possibly why i don't wanna go there! I quite like being here, out my comfort zone....i guess it's what Kylie would call fun pain, eh??? hehehe.....

Anyway, thanks to those of you who have emailed me, it really does make my day! I have to run now back to teen camp to share my testimony, i really don't want to.....

Miss you guys!Alisha xoxo

PS: I'm sure there's stuff i haven't mentioned yet again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home