~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Five Mile Hike

It feels like i haven't used to internet for soooo long when really it's only been a day or so - gahh so addicted!!!

So what have I been doing?

Well it seems that the longer i stay here to hotter it gets, i hope it doesn't get unbearable - heat and me are not friends, it opens up the pores in my skin to seep out water, otherwise known as sweat, and i don't like it at all!!!! It also makes me go all red and puffy haahha.....crazy summer - all you who are envying me, just think of these things!

So yesterday our team took the 5 mile hike. Ok so now i know why my mum was laughing at me when i was telling her about it. It was hectic. I don't think i've EVER done such a huge hike in my whole life. The only other hike i ever did was with my dad when i was in year 6 and that was flat and my dad carried everything!

Yesterday was nuts....i have never sweated or hurt so bad in my whole life....hiking up hills is just not natural....or maybe it is, i dunno....but whatever, my body didn't like it, it was screaming! haha....there were numerious times when i wanted to collapse and never get up, just sit there, hoping a helicoptor would pluck me outta the woods! There were still other times when i swear there would have been bushwalks in Australia that had a guideline saying, 'you are not fit enough to do this!'. I'm sure there are signs like that!

Anyway we walked and walked for hours on end and then at the end of it, we came to a lake (that actually had rapids further down) I didn't take my swimmers but paddled in it, it's actually really beautiful, shame we have to walk our little legs to get to it gahhh....

We were all pretty stuffed when we got back and had a late lunch. It was after lunch that we learnt of some devostating news for two of our team members. It put our afternoon into a bit of a spin and pretty much shocked all of us. We all came together to pray for them them and then i went about my afternoon.

News like that really reminded me of how far i am from home and i had to put myself into his shoes and think how i'd feel if i received news like that - almost made me wanna go home, i'd be beside myself!

Please, please, please take care of yourselves and i know i'm so far away but if you need to talk to someone, please, please, please TALK TO SOMEONE!

Anyway, if i can ask you to pray for Jeff and Blake and remember them in your prayers. They're totally top guys and it'd be devastating news to anyone let alone two fantastic guys! I know some of you have been asking if there's any specifics i can pray for, that is one inparticular!
So in the evening, was a skit night (which we didn't know about coz we were hiking!) so teen camp put a random skit together called shaboo or something like that where we just intro'ed ourselves, it's embarressing when ya got nothing and make a fool outta yourself, it also doesn't help your cause of finding your place!


I think thusfar i have just come across as quiet and lame haha....never mind i guess, i'm here for the longhaul!

Should go and let others use this machine!

Talk to y'all soon!
Alisha xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home