~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who, What, Where, When

Something that's been popping up in my head a few times lately is things about the future.

Today was a good example of this. I was driving back from seeing Stan Walker live (i know, right?!) and thinking about what God could see in my future 5 or even 10 years from now.

I thought it would be kinda handy to at least catch a small glimpse of something that was gonna happen in my future.

Now, i'm not into all that fortune telling stuff and whatever because i believe in a much greater power and have full faith and trust that God knows what he's doing but sometimes just to have something solid to look forward to or to see something worth striving for would be motivation to push ahead.

I mean, God sees the things that will happen every single day of every single year of those 5 to 10 years and just to see one little thing would be so cool.

Coz when i think of my future, i wonder what those days of my life will look like, what things are going to make me cry or laugh or be overflowing with joy, how different will i be? Which people will play a major role in my life? Who will i be close to? Who won't be part of my life anymore? Will i age gracefully? Will i be satisfied and content with the blessings in my life? What sort of things will i have achieved? What do those 5 to 10 years look like?

I wanna know these sorts of things because i want to know what not to worry about, what things i should just not concern myself with, the things i need to forget or the things i need to pursue. Like, am i wasting my time with people and things, am i wasting my time worrying about different aspects of my life? Am i even going to be alive to worry about these things?!

And then i am reminded of what it says in Matthew 6 about worrying and also about what it says in James also about worrying.

Who knows whether we'll be alive to even see tomorrow, why not let it worry about itself. God knows what we need and provides us with this accordingly.

I suppose handing my life over to God and all the things that go along with that is something i am really struggling with at the moment, it's something that i've given to him but something i'm learning to trust him with.

Something i've also learnt about myself in the last 3 months is that i like to control the things that happen around me. I like to be in control of what's going on and my future is something that i can only have so much control over, the rest is up to God to determine.

But just sometimes i want to be able to see what is happening in my future. To see what my face looks like and if i am happy, to see if my dreams come true, to see if everything is the way i planned for it to be.

Again and again and again, i hand it over to God and pray that he guides me and uses my life to glorify him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home