~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, September 23, 2005

Always and Forever - Come just as you are

The title of this blog is a song. A song from a Planetshakers album. I hate the tune. But i love the lyrics.

One phrase got to me while i was singing it....

And when my world is falling down
In you i will be found
I'm staying in ur arms today
Always! always and forever


It is good to know that God reassures you that he is there when you feel like your whole "world is falling down". Something i seem to be experiencing a lot of lately. It' s almost like a hot, sweaty, thirsty person crawling and groping their way through the desert and being shown a mirage of water to help them go just that extra mile further. God understands my life no matter how desperate i seem to get at times, no matter how much i scream out to God saying i'm drowning, he already knows about it and used a simple phrase like that to reassure me that he is all supportive, compassionate, understanding and comforting. He wants me to come to him like that because he is my source of strength, his wings, his arms, his embrace are my comfort, he is my source of inspiration and revival; SURVIVAL.

There's another song that i LOVE, i think it's called
Now Is The Time To Worship because even though i am an imperfect person with all my huge, nasty sin blemishes, right now, God says, is the time to come and worship him, just as i am, sin stains and all. When i feel that I can't come to God because of how filthy and dirty my slate is, ashamed of what he might think of me and ashamed of what the world sees me as, he stands there saying "come, just as you and worship me" he says "don't allow the enemy to stand in between you and me, come just as you are, exactly who you are and exactly how you are." Don't let the world tell you how spiritually clean you need to be before you come to Jesus....just come to him, worship him!!!

Tink xoxo

1 Comments:

  • Hey babe..

    Man thats sooo true...what a blessing...to be able to come before the Lord JUST AS WE ARE...I think about where I was only 2 years ago and I think about how Jesus saved me and took me back...JUST AS I WAS! I think about my beautiful friends Tiny and Pauly, who have been to hell and back...and yet God took them back...JUST AS THEY WERE! I think of Jodie*...a lady who lived her life as a prostitute and drug addict and was so abused by drugs, alcohol, her street life, boyfriends, pimps...and was told she'd never have children because of how messed up her body was from all the abuse...and yet God looked on her with pity...He took her back and claimed her AS SHE WAS...and He did the impossible and blessed her with children...

    What an awesome God we serve...no matter who we are or where we've been...He takes us JUST AS WE ARE! Praise the Lord for that!!

    Your sister in Christ

    FIGHTING FOR THE CAUSE!!

    Jodi

    *"Jodies Story" (can't remember when it was written or by who...but it's an old one...worth finding it if you're interested)

    By Blogger ...on that note..., at September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home