~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, October 24, 2005

Driving around in my excel honey...

Well as you can see from the title of this blog, this is about driving.

I've been driving for as long as i can remember, well actually probly not that long but quite a long time nonetheless.

It was my utmost, amazing pleasure and privilege to give my first few lessons to a learner on the weekend (Jodi, ya mum loves ya!). Whilst i'm probly not the best instructor in history, i'm keen to do it again and become even better because it was a really good experience. Apart from the occasional pole we almost hit (hahaha), the one where i thought my life was almost over (hahahahah), I actually wouldn't mind taking it up professionally, that'd be pretty cool!!!

I now understand why my dad would always tell me to brake 5 km's before the intersection. Gentle braking, gentle accelerating and braking always way before the markings on the road are a good thing to take in. Something that made me roll my eyes when i'd drive with my dad!!!!

Anyway, what i wanna say is, teaching a learner driver how to drive and become a pro made me realise just how much i take for granted the skill of driving. I know i take having a car and easy transport for granted but the actual skill that driving requires never really occured to me. It never dawned on me how confident i have become over the years. In fact i never think about how much progress i make when i drive, but the fact is, every time i get into a car, i am continuously learning how to drive, it just seems like i know it all when in fact it's not really true. It made me stop and remember that i too used to be one of those learner people and drive timidly as though the earth was going to cave in underneath the wheels. Driving has become so second nature to me that sometimes i don't even think twice about what i'm doing. This is coming from someone who use to drive so close to the steering wheel i almost put my nose through the windscreen. Even to this day i still occasionally have to remind myself to sit back in the sit and not to hunch forward over the wheel.

WOW - well i guess this blog doesn't really mean much to you, the reader, but it was such a weird feeling to be able to sit in the passenger seat and reflect upon my very own driving skills.

Tink xoxo

(Jodi, your driving skills are awesome!!! Keep up the good work...i feel like a teacher marking someone's english paper!)

1 Comments:

  • Alisha,

    I reckon you'd be an awesome driving teacher!

    Good to see you blogging. You've got a lot of wisdom to give.

    Miss you quite a bit. It's been a while. Keep in touch, ok girl?

    Keep laughing.

    Morris. xoxoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home