~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Encountering God

UPDATE:
Just so you all know God hasn't challenged me to get a tattoo ahahaha, i know you were all wondering that. You know that feeling that you get when you're sorting through stuff and you sleep on it, hoping it will be ok the next day and you're making a big fuss out of nothing and the next morning you wake up only to find that it wasn't all a really bad dream and that the issues are still there to deal with and in fact haven't gone away? Yea well I had that feeling this morning about the stuff that God's been laying on my heart. Just thought i'd share that hahaha.....i know....it means nothing to you.
_______________________________________________________

I hate it when i don't have a fascinating name for my blog and this blog had the MOST fascinating name of all but then i realised KT stole it. I was gonna name it something along the lines of it doesn't just rain but it pours but yea, she took it first!

So anyway....

In this last week God has been challenging me on two things. I aint gonna say what those two things are because i'm really not sure of them myself and i wanna do alot more praying about 'em and confirming that it's true; from God before i act on anything or say anything that might be a falicy (a lie). But yea, he has been challenging me and it's kinda been a wake up call sort of as well.

Coz see, i haven't been reading my bible on the way in on the train these days, nor have i even been devoting alot of my time to God and as much as i am feeling lazy i am hating it as well. I just haven't had the motivation or inspiration to do it and i've HATED it because i LOVE reading the bible and i LOVE talking to God (most of the time it's one-sided) and it's really sucked not being able to get into the swing of things in my walk with God, other than on a Sunday and in my committments.

Soooooooooo, that's my confession for the week/month......i'm just being honest........

But this week, like i've said half a million times, he's kinda stepped outta the shadows and sorta whooped me in the face.......and i'm like, 'whoah nelly, hello there, where'd you spring from?"..... and as much as it's surprised me and, in a way, shocked me, it's sooooooooo good!!!

For the very first time in my WHOLE life (quarter of a century), i have encountered a revival with God without attending a conference or a big God pep talk thing. I have re-encountered him ON MY OWN and through my own circumstancse and that has given me a new energy and a new inspiration and i can't get enough of him, i want to fight harder, i want him to have as much of me as possible, i want him to work through me, i want to make a difference in the lives around me, i want to see people hungering for Jesus and a relationship with him and i want to die doing it.

These two things God has challenged me about and spoken to me about are stuff i always said, 'no way, nuh-uh, not on your life!' stuff i have considered, yes, and played around with in my head, yes, but never really asked God what he thought about it, never really let him tell me what to do......i guess he got bored of waiting for me to realise it, i dunno.....but he's challenging me with stuff he's kinda literally throwing it at me and saying, 'ya know, maybe you should look more into this stuff, maybe it's waht iiiiii wnat you to do!' i keep praying about it though, i wanna keep aligning it with the scripture, aligning it with other people, aligning it with other stuff i see and hear before i get ahead of myself but most of all i wanna know if it's God's truth that he has set in my heart and not just something i'm making up in my head.

Because it sure as hell aint tink stuff, know what i'm sayin', you wouldn't catch me doing these things if ya life depended on it, these things are just not my style and that's why i wanna know if this is truly from God and as someone once reminded me, it's not about me. It's not about anything i want, it's not about the things that are peachy and fence-sitting, it's about God, the whole shebang! There's no in between and it's not about if i'm happy or not because ultimately i'm gonna be happy if i'm pleasing my Christ, who'd die for me - who DID die for me - wow, unworthy!

Anyway i'm trying to sustain this God encounter for as long as God will possibly allow me to. I'm expecting HUGE, GREAT things at schoolies and i'm expecting more personal challenges and praying that God uses me in amazing ways. USE ME, HAVE ALL OF ME, KEEP ME PASSIONATE AND CONVICTED!!!!! i am so ever lucky for this encounter with God, the timing is perfect, why wouldn't it be, it's from God himself!!!!

A short drought, a short thirsting and hungering but it doesn't just rain - it pours when you encounter God, he equips you, he nourishes you, he LOVES you and NEVER forsakes you. He knows WHAT you need, WHEN you need it and i am soooooo grateful for a caring God like that.

GIVE ME MORE!!!!!!

Tink xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home