~*Tinkerbelle*~ STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, February 02, 2009

Invsible Children - Don't Forget Them!

The most bizarre thing has happened to me tonight.

I was at James C's page for his 21st.

He made me think of Mitchell Davis.


I went to youtube to see if Mitchell Davis made anymore clips.

He did.

One was about Invisible Children.

The shame in it is that at first i scoffed, having heard about these so-called 'invisible children' countless times, i had never seen anything about it. All i knew was that it had something to do with child soldiers in Africa.

I don't know what it was, maybe i love Mitchell David so much that i wanted to see why he'd gone to the trouble of making an extremely serious clip - unusual for him.

But there i was, about to press the play button on Invisible children - Part 1.

Before i knew it, i had watched the whole 6 damn parts! Where did the intention to do that come from???

As I watched, it became apparent to me that there was so much more going on than i had realised.

At first i was bored and amused by the antics of three unwary boys with no clue of what they were doing. Laughing at their snake-killing, empathising, sympathising with their vomiting and their feeling of hopelessness in not finding anything to begin with.

But as i watched the 6 parts of what they'd discovered, the questions and the sadness came to me. One child with the most dashing dimples dreamt of being a teacher, another inspired to become a lawyer.

My honest, stark thought was 'how? and then again, the sadness in knowing that their potential might never be acknowledged.

As i continued to watch, i learnt about the history behind the rebels and their child soldiers, not the willingness but the fear which enslaved them.

The mental state in which they were in. Seeing their drawings, horrific, twisted illustrations of the only thing on their minds - to kill. Their mental states being above fear, one man saying, "they lived above fear, fear was an understatement."

To think that fear can even be an understatement????? Can you live in more than fear? These people can and do!!!

And the cruncher, the scene in part 6 that made my tears fall uncontrollably, the one thing that made my chest heave and my entire soul and being weep (believe me, i am not making this up!!!) was what the little boy said when he was asked what he'd say to his dead brother. He said he loved and missed him, that when they met in heaven he wouldn't talk much and then he began to sob. It wasn't a couple of held back tears, he SOBBED and the boys took his hands from his face to capture his heartache.

What screwed with my mind was that the boys interviewing him, reassured him that it was ok but what was screaming in my mind was that it's not ok, it never has been and it never will be ok.

When i watched that boy cry - considering these children have learnt and been taught not to cry - my heart broke and i could not stop the sadness from coming out in tears. i myself wanted to sob, even howl. How could this happen, why is the world in such an unjust mess?

How can we have new, fandangled things, how can this be the millenium with all the latest gadgets but yet our world is still suffering? Why do we worry about how much litres of water we drink a day or about the air-con on trains or something so simple as a date of our nation's birth when there are much MUCH worse crimes? Men, and now children, are still being drawn to war for killing. Men are now resorting to using children because adults are becoming tiresome of war, do you blame them for becoming tired of it???

There were too many convictions that took place in my own heart to ignore, there were too many things revolving around me, around my own life. Why is ANYTYHING about ourselves?

I would totally encourage you (and i realise that most of you might've seen it and that it's probably 'old news' - but isn't it still relevant?) to watch this and let your heart and your disposition on life be changed.

I was crushed when at the end one child said that when those men left africa, they'd be forgotten. HOW can you forget about that once you've seen it, how can you forget about them? It ended by saying that they will not be forgotten and indeed, i will definitely not forget how my heart and spirit felt when that one boy sobbed.

Watch the link of part 1 about the
Invisible Children and the following parts will be to the side of the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home